Kevin Rogers is the man…the man with a gift to tell a story, make you laugh and help you tell others what you do. In today’s episode, we will discuss humor in business, the value of giving away your stuff for free and Kevin’s new book “The 60-Second Sales Hook”. Speaking of hooks…what is your HOOK? Does it invite conversation or does it have people running (quickly) away from you?
Kevin has reached a level of success in his business that few obtain. He is paid thousands to write a single page of copy in a sales letter, but most often he is brought in to write and re-work all elements of marketing for big product launches. One of his recent clients is “Bullet Proof Coffee” which is getting to be super popular these days…likely to do with Kevin’s handy work behind the keyboard.
Kevin Rogers spent years traveling the country as a dead-broke stand-up comedian until he discovered how a simple joke formula could be used as a powerful marketing hook and began teaching it to marketers.
The formula worked so well that entrepreneurs and business owners all over the world have now used this deceptively simple 4-sentence formula to skyrocket their profits and grow their businesses at a record pace.
Today Kevin is one of the most in-demand sales consultants online, working closely with high-volume information marketers, corporations and local brick and mortar businesses alike to turn around sluggish ad campaigns. Kevin’s unique background as a stand-up comic and in-the-trenches salesperson provide a rare spectrum of experience and ability. His greatest strength is teaching anyone to use the power of their own story to connect better with customers and compel them to take action.
In Kevin’s book, he shares the origin of the KLT hook. It is related to the Joke Formula that many comedians use when they have the chance to take the big stages.
The “JOKE FORMULA” is…
The KLT FORMULA is…
Next comes your ability to introduce your “call to action” the next step you want them to take.
Also, I took a chance to introduce to the world a formula that I have been working on. It does not take the place of the KLT hook, but I discuss the 4 parts to the “Trust Sequence“. You can get the free videos I mentioned here. I was thrilled when Kevin said “It is brilliant.” Maybe I put him on the spot, but he did say it TWICE. So cool!
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- What is KLT? And how can it change your marketing?
- The value of being authentic and really sharing your struggles
- Even Kevin (the master copywriter) can over think his own writing, but he talks about it as his inspiration to write his book the “The 60 Second Sales Hook.”
- Why your ‘About Page’ is all wrong? And what you can do about it.
- It was not intended to be a NAME DROP FEST, but here are some of the names discussed in today’s episode (all positive chat as both Kevin and I respect each one of these people): Ryan Lee, Pat Flynn, Derek Halpern, John Carlton, Mike Koenigs, Dean Jackson, Joe Polish, Ben Johnson, Dave Asprey…I am sure there were more…Hey I almost forgot Jeremy Piven.
Practical & Actionable:
Look at your “About” page on your website. If you look at your Google Analytics (web tracking) you will like find that the “About” page is your #2 page in terms of traffic, right behind the “Home” page.
Kevin’s formula can be excellent at writing your “About” page. Download Kevin’s book “The Sixty Second Sales Hook: How to Stand Out Using the Power of Your Story” and let it be your guide to crafting a better version of the #2 page on your website.
Put your comments below on how you are using it…you might even get Kevin to help you fine tune it.
RESOURCES AND LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS SESSION INCLUDE:
- Kevin’s Book “The Sixty Second Sales Hook: How to Stand Out Using the Power of Your Story“
- Kevin’s website – The Copywriters Edge
- Connect with Kevin on Facebook (tell him you know me) https://www.facebook.com/
- Get videos to get more leads The Trust Sequence
- Share the LOVE and TWEET about this episode.
A QUICK FAVOR
And lastly, please leave a rating and review for the Leaders in the Trenches on iTunes (or Stitcher) – it will help us in many ways, but it also inspires us to keep doing what we are doing here. Thank you in advance!
The transcript will be available shortly – thank you!