Have you ever had a client that stressed and frustrated you? I know you have. Even the newest of business owners have taken on a client that has turned out to be less than ideal. This episode is a wake-up call and a step-by-step plan on doing work that matters. It is about understanding what work matters to you (really matters to you) and it is about who you do it with. I believe we should be seeking to work with those that are INSPIRED by a new future. Discover some secrets in this episode about doing work that matters with inspired clients.
Target Audience: Gene works with entrepreneurs who want to find the perfect match between their unique value and the people who will become their best clients and biggest fans.
In this episode, you’ll hear about what it takes to do work that matters. So, what does that mean? Well, it means that it’s not enough to do work. It’s about CHOOSING work that gives you inspiration and motivation. It’s about choosing work that gives you the recognition for the work that you are doing. Ultimately, this is what inspires more innovation and creativity. In summary, this is the work that YOU ENJOY doing.
Another side to this is obtaining great results – real results. Not “stuff” like a better website, more training, more coaching. We’re talking about results to back up the work you are doing.
So what about INSPIRED Clients- who are those people? Inspired clients are those that are inspired and super charged to work with you. You don’t have to sell them on anything. They are ready to move forward and bring their all. They can’t wait to get started and pour into the work. They are also ready, willing and financially able. The good news is: you don’t need that “sales” process with inspired clients.
Beware of the ENEMIES that get in the way of you doing work that matters:
-Pay attention to the words people say: Words like -“but i can’t”- this is a lack or scarcity mindset and it gets in the way of work that matters.
-YOU. Yes, you can be your own enemy. You are the one who decides who you work with. Pay attention to the limiting beliefs around your own perception of scarcity. Be conscious of your messaging (is it bland or boring?). Is your position in the market fuzzy? Remember that people decide whether that want to work with you based on how they perceive you.
“When you get these things right, you don’t need the pitch” ~Gene Hammett
In this episode we’ll cover:
- How to shift from frustrating clients to INSPIRED clients
- Identifying your PROFITABLE AVATAR
- What inspired clients are
- 5 steps to working with Inspired Clients
- Enemies keeping you from your inspired clients
- Putting your belief system in check
Practical and Actionable:
- Pick one actual person by name (and even last name) that inspires you
- Describe the work that you’ve done with them and the results you got
- Create a case study: a “before vs. after.” Tell that story. Talk about the struggle that was there for them before they started working with you. Draw out the inspiration. Make it POP so that someone else can see themselves in this case study and say, “me too.”
Invite others to a conversation.
- Gene’s avatar is “Jason.” This is someone who recently sold his company and is an expert in his industry. However, Jason is not sure what his next steps are. Check out the episode for the full scoop on episode 130 While Jason is an experienced business owner, (over 10 years of experience) he frustrated by his next steps. Do your best to emulate this!
- ASK QUESTIONS to a handful of people representative of your PROFITABLE AVATAR. Learn about what they think about and what they believe. What are the problems and the struggles? Get an understanding of where they want to take themselves in business. This is for you to be able to make recommendations without going through that sales process.
If you don’t have a long list of people, don’t worry about that. Start with who you have (those who match your Profitable Avatar) and have your conversations with them. once you start getting great results with 2-3 of them, it starts to snowball. Amazing results follow when you’ve identified your avatar.
Your belief system can back up a way for this not to work. But if you look for a way you can make it work. it takes courage and leadership. Check out this quote from the CEO of McDonald’s:
“If you work just for money you’ll never make it. But if you love what you’re doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours” Ray Crock
Be aware of the enemies to your success:
The shiny object syndrome- always chasing something new.
Thinking: “Who am i to do this?” This is having a lack mentality.
Waiting for something to come in for you to grow. Produce something- take action. Think of it as an experiment!
Resources and Links
- Get the Gig: Speaker Series with Gene!
- Schedule Your Strategy Session Here
- Check out the episode with Gene’s Profitable Avatar on episode 130
Do you have questions about today’s episode!?
Did you know that you can apply to chat with me by phone? This is a limited time offer to help anyone that is serious about refining their business as well as developing a clear & compelling strategy that will drive them forward. Complete the questions and our team will follow up with you to schedule time for your “Business Breakthrough Session”. These are limited to 30 minutes, completely free and oh, so valuable. Apply Now!
A QUICK FAVOR
And lastly, please leave a rating and review for the Leaders in the Trenches on iTunes (or Stitcher) – it will help us in many ways, but it also inspires us to keep doing what we are doing here. Thank you in advance!