Don't miss an episode. Subscribe to Leaders in the Trenches.
Are you willing to disrupt your own business? Our guest today, Erik Wahl, calls himself a disruptive strategist. He is a graffiti artist and powerful speaker who offers tools on how to be intentionally creative and provocative. The great paradox here is that through discipline and structure we can birth our creative parts of ourselves.
Share the LOVE and TWEET about this episode.
Target Audience: Erik Wahl serves entrepreneurs who are seeking to be different in their market.
Differentiate yourself from the competition. Embrace disruption, leverage chaos, and leverage opportunity. How can we create a unique customer experience? Erik considers himself a performer who ignites ideas on the stage.
Drawing Upside Down
Forget about how things should look. When you don’t have preconceived ideas of how it can play out, you put yourself in a free explorative state. Approach it with a curious mind than from that of expectation. And you can apply this pretty much in any area.
Whether it comes to social media, communicating with millennials, communicating with your target audience, etc. Become aware of the fact that our expectations hold us back. You can be creative if you flip your perspective.
Intentional Orchestration and Disruption
Our brand is “AHA.” It is all about creating AHA moments. This surprises your audience and disrupts your competitors. Eric wants to show people this process is about a hook- not a theory. The notion of creativity is about thinking the way no one has thought before.
Ernest Hemingway said, “Write drunk; edit sober.” This approach helped Erik get his message out in this book. He believes in brainstorming big and editing without mercy in order to build actual substance around them. Check out The Spark and the Grind HERE.
Writing a book helps you to outline how to be everything you are. It is about ideas and execution. Everyone is creative. However, it takes great discipline to express it. It takes reverse engineering to access your creativity. Any lack of creativity is actually a lack of curiosity. The overwhelment is a sign of mental laziness. And our checklists have overtaken who we really are.
The paradox of creativity is that discipline activates creativity. Structure creates freedom. When we are “playing with our head down” completing task after task- we must recreate our patterns. In contrast, we must do things with our heads up so we are able to witness opportunity more often.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Differentiating yourself from the competition
- How discipline helps us to be more creative
- Why structure creates freedom
- How to prime yourself to line up with success
- How to reclaim your creative nature
Practical and Actionable:
Take a moment to prime yourself before you propose anything (important). How you visualize and create that scenario in your mind, dictates the success of it. Don’t be lazy about the priming process.
Resources and Links
- Eric Wahl Official Site: The Art of Vision
- Get Your Copy of The Spark and the Grind
- Start the Challenge: “Authority Gap” – Sign up to receive 5 daily videos that will guide you to bridging “the Authority Gap.” During the challenge, you will get a daily exercise showing a counter-intuitive way to go from “invisible” to a recognized authority.
- Sign up for the Free Training on the 3 Dangerous Trends Even Smart Business Owners Face That Keep Them From Attracting High-Value Clients and Building A Growing Business!
- Schedule Your Results Roadmap Talk with Gene
- Share the LOVE and TWEET about this episode.
- Be the AUTHORITY in your target market and SHOW UP DIFFERENTLY
- Leave a review in iTunes!
How is your business going…would you like to talk about it?
I love my audience of listeners. I really do. I would love to help you in some way. I started doing calls with listeners and realized that it was a great way to understand you.
Okay, then I formalized the process to offer a Results Roadmap… it is a private one-on-one call with me about your business. I want to help you see your roadmap with more clarity and confidence. Find out more about the Results Roadmap (it takes you to my personal website). This is not a sales pitch. Let me serve you.
A QUICK FAVOR
And lastly, please leave a rating and review for the Leaders in the Trenches on iTunes (or Stitcher) – it will help us in many ways, but it also inspires us to keep doing what we are doing here. Thank you in advance!