Don't miss an episode. Subscribe to Growth Think Tank.
Authority gives you a chance to have a seat at the table. If you have no or low visibility in the eyes of your prospects, you will only exist through referrals. Referrals are fantastic, but you need a predictable way for prospects to find you. Rich Brooks with Take Flyte shares with us how he increased visibility in his industry filled with competitors. Rich is also the founder of a conference called “Agents of Change” that is well known for the value they are creating for their audience. Listen to Rich as he shares his insights.
Target Audience: Rich serves small business marketers and entrepreneurs. He has a digital agency called Flight New Media. Their mission surrounds building websites. He is also the founder of Agents of Change. It is a weekly podcast/ annual conference that aims to educate people on how they can reach their ideal customers. In addition, he is also the founder of Streamline Marketing Workshops which teaches marketing to wedding professionals.
Hire People for the Details
One of the foundational concepts we discuss with Rich is the importance of outsourcing the detailed tasks. Rich realized he was good at planting seeds – the big picture stuff- but not on the plans and details. Can you relate?
Increasing Visibility & Positioning Yourself as An Authority
After making an appearance on t.v, Rich realized his name became more recognizable. It also lead to a multitude of opportunities. In other words, being more visible gives him an opportunity to sit at the table. And it can do the same for you.
Being on stage is yet another way to position yourself as an Authority. Plus, you get to bring people together who share a common passion. Creating and hosting an event sets you apart because it connects you to people on a deep level.
Rich says you can build Authority on any channel. However, you must first become an expert authority on a narrowed niche. Then from there, you can expand to other channels.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Using Facebook to generate leads
- Using the stage to increase your recognition
- Why Visibility = Authority
- How to become more visible in your niche
- Building authority in your niche
Practical and Actionable:
Make yourself more available. Can you reach out and offer a resource? In other words, be more offering. Sometimes it’s simply a matter of calling up and offering to talk about what you know. This is a great thing because often times, people are looking for more content. So, it’s a win-win situation. Create more of those!
Resources and Links
- Rich’s Website: https://www.theagentsofchange.com/
- Agents of Change on Twitter
- Agents of Change Podcast
- Grab your checklist of essential things to do before & after your Speaking Gigs!
- Grab your free training video and get more speaking gigs HERE
- Start the Challenge: “Authority Gap” – Sign up to receive 5 daily videos that will guide you to bridging “the Authority Gap.” During the challenge, you will get a daily exercise showing a counter-intuitive way to go from “invisible” to a recognized authority.
- Be the AUTHORITY in your target market and SHOW UP DIFFERENTLY
- Leave a review in iTunes!
- Share the LOVE and TWEET about this episode
How is your business going…would you like to talk about it?
I love my audience of listeners. I really do. I would love to help you in some way. I started doing calls with listeners and realized that it was a great way to understand you.
Okay, then I formalized the process to offer a Results Roadmap… it is a private one-on-one call with me about your business. I want to help you see your roadmap with more clarity and confidence. Find out more about the Results Roadmap (it takes you to my personal website). This is not a sales pitch. Let me serve you.
A QUICK FAVOR
And lastly, please leave a rating and review for the Leaders in the Trenches on iTunes (or Stitcher) – it will help us in many ways, but it also inspires us to keep doing what we are doing here. Thank you in advance!