Don't miss an episode. Subscribe to Growth Think Tank.
How do you build a business when it is so common to be positioned as a commodity? One aspect of that is to be intentional about how to be remarkable. Being remarkable is worthy of sharing with others. Today’s interview is with Sue Falcone who operates the speaker bureau, and she shares wisdom on being remarkable. You don’t have to be a speaker to gain insight from this interview.
Share the LOVE and TWEET about this episode.
Target Audience: Sue serves entrepreneurs who want to speak professionally.
The word itself makes us smile. If you want to be a speaker- you have to STAND out both onstage and offstage. That means your personal branding – KNOWING who you are and honing in on the ability to communicate that very clearly. To be remarkable, Sue says you must HAVE:
- Great content
- Be sure it is quick and easy to understand
- Great take-aways
You’ve got to give them something transformational – they’ve got to hear that so that your message becomes theirs.
The Take Home Message
You have to realize that the message you cultivate is not about YOU- it’s about the audience that you’re speaking in front of. This is what makes one a remarkable speaker. People get caught up in their own stories. But you’ve got to consider who THEY are. Do your research- know THEM in advance and convey it in their language.
Get to your speaking event early. Greet all the people that are coming to hear you. Even find out something about them. Then you are ready to have a great time with that audience.
Timing: make sure you have practiced a great deal to make sure you are under that limit. That will be a key part of exceeding expectations- time means everything.
When you are applying to speak, know that there is not much time. You have about 4 seconds to get in front of who you are applying to and get their attention. They are looking for a dynamic video clip. Invest time and effort in this to ensure you are seen as distinct.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- What it means to be a Remarkable Speaker
- How to prepare your speech
- Key tips when applying for a speaking gig
- Why you’re speech is NOT about you
- Figuring out who you are
Practical and Actionable:
You’ve got to know who you are: if you don’t know who you are, people will invent it. Take a sheet of paper and write down the 3 most important things in your life. Ask yourself- am i really living that? Does it match? Take some risks and face your fears to really live out who you are.
Resources and Links
- Remarkable Speakers Bureau
- Best of Leaders in the Trenches Podcast Episodes
- Grab your checklist of essential things to do before & after your Speaking Gigs!
- Grab your free training video and get more speaking gigs HERE
- Start the Challenge: “Authority Gap” – Sign up to receive 5 daily videos that will guide you to bridging “the Authority Gap.” During the challenge, you will get a daily exercise showing a counter-intuitive way to go from “invisible” to a recognized authority.
- Be the AUTHORITY in your target market and SHOW UP DIFFERENTLY
- Share the LOVE and TWEET about this episode
How is your business going…would you like to talk about it?
I love my audience of listeners. I really do. I would love to help you in some way. I started doing calls with listeners and realized that it was a great way to understand you.
Okay, then I formalized the process to offer a Results Roadmap… it is a private one-on-one call with me about your business. I want to help you see your roadmap with more clarity and confidence. Find out more about the Results Roadmap (it takes you to my personal website). This is not a sales pitch. Let me serve you.
A QUICK FAVOR
And lastly, please leave a rating and review for the Leaders in the Trenches on iTunes (or Stitcher) – it will help us in many ways, but it also inspires us to keep doing what we are doing here. Thank you in advance!