Don't miss an episode. Subscribe to Growth Think Tank.
You have watched late-night TV before to see the brand ambassadors show you a new product that is sure to change your life. Well, you can learn from that magic from our guest today. Our guest is Rick Cesari who has been the man behind many mega brands. Rick shares the keys to building a great brand no matter what business you are in.
Share the LOVE and TWEET about this episode.
Target Audience: Rick serves business owners who are seeking to accelerate the effectiveness of their branding through marketing via media and technology.
Rick’s Trap of Success Story
Ricks tells us about how he had become very successful in his business and then complacent. Why? Well, because he felt he had a good amount of money in the bank, things became easy. Basically, he stopped functioning and thinking like a startup entrepreneur. In other words, he became passive about how he was conducting business.
For example, Rick turned down many speaking gigs. At the height of his then – success, he does admit he was fearful about getting on stage. But, he was also too comfortable to take those risk of getting on stage. Speaking could have really helped his business and he saw this later on when his business took a downward plummet. He knew then that if he had marketed himself through speaking, he could have saved himself from some of the losses he experienced.
KEYS To Effective Branding:
- KNOW why someone would buy your product
- Position yourself: What/where is your market place where you can build your following? Identify it!
- Deliver VALUE: Set customer expectations and EXCEED them. When you over promise and then over deliver, it will always help the brand you are trying to build.
- LISTEN to your customers. Reach out out to them. Your customers will tell you everything that is wrong and right with your business.
- GET Authentic Testimonials: people singing your praises – because they have experienced you and your product. The more you can get that out into your marketing, the better.
Making the Emotional Connection
When positioning yourself in the marketplace, be sure whatever it is you are selling emotionally connects with the audience. For instance, the juicing business Rick started with his brother had its roots in a personal and health standpoint. They were passionate about this business because they had lost their father aged 46 from a heart attack. Thus, they were impacted by how much juice could enhance people’s quality of life.
Emotional Connection = Authenticity
The emotional connection is what makes any business authentic. In describing how the product affected Rick and his brother in a personal way- it resonated with others in a personal and emotionally charged way.
In this episode we’ll cover:
- Rick’s own personal story with the trap of success
- The 5 keys to effective branding
- Making the emotional connection with your audience
- Executing authentic branding
- How to create positive momentum for yourself every day
Practical and Actionable:
In the morning, spend time meditating. Spend time listening to podcasts and absorb as much info as you can that is relevant to what you are working on at the moment. Get the day off to a good start where you feel like you’ve accomplished something.
Resources and Links
- Cesar’s Official Site
- 5 Keys to Building a Great Brand
- The Trap of Success – Get your free Audio Version when you buy the e book or paperback version when you download before oct 17th midnight!
- Results Roadmap Session with GENE
- Best of Leaders in the Trenches Podcast Episodes
- Grab your checklist of essential things to do before & after your Speaking Gigs!
- Grab your free training video and get more speaking gigs HERE
- Start the Challenge: “Authority Gap” – Sign up to receive 5 daily videos that will guide you to bridging “the Authority Gap.” During the challenge, you will get a daily exercise showing a counter-intuitive way to go from “invisible” to a recognized authority.
- Be the AUTHORITY in your target market and SHOW UP DIFFERENTLY
- Share the LOVE and TWEET about this episode.
How is your business going…would you like to talk about it?
I love my audience of listeners. I really do. I would love to help you in some way. I started doing calls with listeners and realized that it was a great way to understand you.
Okay, then I formalized the process to offer a Results Roadmap… it is a private one-on-one call with me about your business. I want to help you see your roadmap with more clarity and confidence. Find out more about the Results Roadmap (it takes you to my personal website). This is not a sales pitch. Let me serve you.
A QUICK FAVOR
And lastly, please leave a rating and review for the Leaders in the Trenches on iTunes (or Stitcher) – it will help us in many ways, but it also inspires us to keep doing what we are doing here. Thank you in advance!