To an author, a book review by a reader is a blessing. It is a validation of appreciation to the book. Given the hours that go into a book and the all the details in the marketing of the book…it is the best bargain you can get from someone.
A review also helps the reader share the book beyond the close network of friends, clients, and associates.
This is the single biggest thing you can do for me (well, other than writing me a check. Let me know if you need my address.)
- Be honest – don’t sugar coat it; be you
- Be specific – give new readers a chance to see the book through your eyes; share details about the book
- Be real – share how the book is changing the way you see or do something
Here are a few details you may want to include:
Describe one aspect that you really like about the book.
- My Story (the fall and the journey back)
- The story of others that made powerful choices to achieve more and be more (did one of them stand out more than others)
- Exercises in the book to … (overcome fear, connect to courage, crafting a compelling mission/vision, or something else)
Share one thing that is new or a strong reminder to you that you will do differently because of the book.
This is about giving the potential buyer a reason to buy. You may mention that you have struggled to do ______, but this book now has given you a way beyond it now by _______.
Describe why you think others will appreciate this book…what is the value of the book?
If you continue to do _______, it will allow you to do ________.
How can I help you?
If you need more help, let’s hope on a quick call to talk about it. Send me an email to “[email protected]”